Estalagem dos Padres
|+351 930 610 380
|Rua de Santo Antonio no34 – 3850-014 Albergaria-a-Velha, Portugal
OPEN ALL YEAR
ESTALAGEM DOS PADRES
Albergaria-a-Velha was, for centuries, a crossing point and an obligatory stop for all those who traveled along the main Estrada Real of the country and moved between Lisbon and Porto. Initially with the first hostel founded by Queen D. Teresa in 1117, then with various inns, then with the hotels and pensions of the early 20th century, the local lodgings, hotels and pensions of today, of varying size and quality, a- Velha has always been, thanks to its location, a land of privileged reference in terms of accommodation. One of these lodgings, the remarkable Estalagem dos Padres, founded in 1818 and over the course of some 200 years in the possession of the same family, became famous because many guests stayed there, many of whom were distinguished. Its name, which prevailed over the centuries, is due to the fact that, on three occasions, the priests were its owners. First two brothers, then one of these nephews, and then the latter’s nephew. This sequence of ecclesiastics in possession of the inn, for decades, was the basis of its name. The history of this establishment was written in old handwritten notes, but also in national and foreign travel literature, biographies and memories of some public figures, among several other bibliographies. This building, after the inn was closed, had various other occupancies and functionalities, and is currently on the verge of being a housing unit.
- The accommodation has a maximum capacity of 18 people and offers 7 suites and 2 family rooms.
- We have a suite on the ground floor for people with reduced mobility.
- Free Wi-Fi access available throughout the accommodation
- Common room with video projector (portable).
- Free private parking available (reservation required) and public roadside parking.
- Room service (reservation required)
- meeting facilities
- Living room
- Dinning room
- reading corners
- Free use kitchen
- daily cleaning service
- Ironing and laundry (additional charge)
- Exterior: terrace with outdoor furniture and leisure area.
- Spoken languages: Portuguese; English French Spanish
- No pets allowed.