Due to the high demand and high quantity of people requesting this type of rental during previous years, we have worked hard to prepare and coordinate this service through the leading website on CAMINO DE SANTIAGO cycle touring. Our rental bicycles are now prepared and set up specially to serve pilgrims pilgrims who, travelling on foot, want to go through the hard and monotonous stages on the plain and wasteland quickly.
In normal circumstances this stretch can be made in about 3 or 4 days of pedalling.
IF YOU NEED TO RENT A BICYCLE TO DO THE FULL CAMINO DE SANTIAGO (COMPLETE ITINERARY)
We will deliver the bicycle at the location you propose us and we will pick it up at any of the HOSTELS, HOTELS or BICYCLE WORKSHOPS affiliated with Bicigrino.
You can look up these establishments consulting our guide, which is available to download for free (spanish language only):DOWNLOAD BICIGRINO GUIDE.
CONSIDERATIONS OF RENTAL SERVICE
- These bicycles can be booked with a minimum anticipation of 24 hours.
- The bicycles are ready to be rented in the stretch of Camino de Santiago (French Way) between BURGOS and LEÓN.
- The bicycles will be delivered to you first thing in the morning on the hotel, hostel or bicycle shop proposed by the customer or coordinated by mutual agreement with Bicigrino.
BELOW YOU CAN FIND SOME OF THE PLACES AFFILIATED AND RECOMMENDED FOR COLLECTION AND DELIVERY OF THE BICYCLES:
Hotel Norte y Londres
Plaza Alonso Martínez, 10, 09003 Burgos
947 25 29 58 · http://www.hotelnorteylondres.com-burgos.com
EN CALZADILLA DE LA CUEZA.
Hostal y Albergue Camino Real
Plaza de la trasera Mayor, 8, 34309 Calzadilla de la Cueza.
979 88 31 87 · bicigrino.com/calzadilla-cueza.html
Hostal y Albergue Domus Viatoris
Travesía del Arco, 25, 24320 Sahagún, León
987 78 09 75 · http://www.domusviatoris.com
Calle Teniente Andrés Gonzalez,1, 24005 León
987 20 96 10 · www.bicicletasblanco.com
Hotel Vía León
Calle el Paso, 5, 24003 León
987 03 54 81 · http://www.hotelvialeon.com
** Some of these establishments may charge you up to 5€ as cloakroom service if you use their facilities as delivery / pick up location without staying overnight.
The rental price includes all the services mentioned avobe, even the transport of the bicycle to the location chosen as starting point of the route.
The bicycle delivery will be direct to the person renting it, but reservation and payment must be done through BICIGRINO ONLINE SHOP.
During the reservation process through this website you have to provide, amongst other data needed:
- Rental starting day
- Delivery location of the bicycle
Here you can see one of the bicycles for rent. As indicated they are high-end bicycles with disc brakes and thoroughly equipped for the service offered.
This bicycle features, amongst other components:
- Disc brakes.
- Rear derailleur SHIMANO DEORE, 9-speed.
- Semiautomatic pedals (platform on one side to be able to pedal using regular shoes and cleats on the other for cycling shoes).
- Front fork ROCK SHOX.
- Ergonomic handles
- Special rack for cycling
- Special container for transporting backpacks
The bicycle rental service at Bicigrino is aimed to facilitate the Camino de Santiago to those who decide to use a bicycle and because they can not use their own bicycle or other reasons decide to opt for renting as a better option.
The bicycles for rent have been personally chosen by Bicigrino after the experience gathered after completing the Camino de Santiago for 6 times and with the appropriate criteria to assure the completion of the route.
They are high-end bicycles with all the components manufactured by SHIMANO to widely facilitate the resolution of any eventuallity during the route.
INNOVATIVE TRANSPORT SYSTEM
IT COULD NOT BE EASIER ;). Our original system adapts and combines specially with the rack pre-installed on the bicycles. It can be placed and removed with just one hand and you will be able to carry your backpack or personal belongings without any adaptation. We are aware that you are doing the Camino de Santiago on foot and as such your luggage will be adapted to the way you are doing the Camino.
For that reason we adapt to your needs and our bicycles are equipped to carry your specific luggage and facilitate this stretch of the route.
WHAT IS MY SIZE?
We believe it is interesting that the bicycle is the right size according to your height and although you will use it only for a few days and for a relatively calmed pace it is not essential, it would be nice that the size of the bicycle is as closest as possible to your measurements. If you had to use a size up or down there would not be much problem as the bicycles have a few regulators and different ways of adapting the saddle.
EQUIPMENT INCLUDED IN THE SERVICE
The rental price includes the accesories and tools necessary to practice cycling.
Our bicycles are equipped, amongst other things, with these accessories thoroughly chosen to provide you tranquility during the route:
- Pre-installed rack.
- Extensions on the handlebar for maximum confort en route.
- Tires specially chosen for an optimal use on Camino de Santiago.
- Special container box for carrying backpacks and luggage.
- Elastic mesh to hold the luggage.
- Lock to keep the bicycle safe
- Practical bag in the upper bar, ideal for having your camera or mobile phone on hand (for example).
- Toolkit including inner tubes, patches, pump and multitool (with chain tool) to solve any eventuality during the route.
- Gel cover for the saddle to avoid chafing.
LUGGAGE TRANSPORT (OPTIONAL)We work in collaboration with JACOTRANS, a company specialized in transportation of backpacks and luggage on the Camino. If you want you can get a special price for this services and travel through the stages carrying just the essential equipment with you.
Consult us for special prices and conditions according to your stages. We will arrange the transportation of your luggage.
PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE.
At Bicigrino we are aware of how much your safety and peace of mind is worth. We are accredited professionals and we have an insurance policy to cover public liability and solve any contingency that may occur. It is very important for us to offer our services under accountability and efficiency guidelines so that apart from the good reviews you can obtain and certify through the opinions of our customers, we do not leave anything to chance and work toward an optimal and guaranteed service.
24 HOURS ASSISTANCE
- We have a wide network of workshops that broadly cover the Camino de Santiago.
- We have agreements with taxi services and other professionals that we can send to find you and solve any contingency.
- Our large accommodation network (hotels, country houses, hostels) will provide coverage to any problem.
- Our contact phone (+34 627 928 213 ) is always connected and ready to guide you and solve any problem during the route.
- Purchasing this product in any of its variations you are paying exclusively for the rental service.
- The rental price includes the transportation of the bicycle to the location of your choice within the stretch of Camino de Santiago from Burgos to León (French Way).
- To set the rental of this specific bicycle model the payment of a DEPOSIT of 100€ per bicycle is required, which you can purchase through our Online Shop in the "Bicycle rental" section, paying separately from the rental service. This DEPOSIT as indicated will be returned once we receive the bicycles and check the condition and good use of them. Without this necessary and mandatory payment of this deposit any order requesting the rent of one or more bicycles will be considered invalid.
- Our bicycles are new or semi-new and will be delivered in perfect condition, so it is the responsability of the customers their maintenance and basic care to ensure a good use of them. We will take responsability of repairs attributable to mechanical defects, but those defects or damages attributable to a misuse of the bicycles will be responsability of the customer.
- For any questions or special needs about the bicycle rental services or any need during the route once the bicycle is rented, not hesitate to contact us through this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or this phone number: +34 627 92 82 13 (Tomás).